Friday, October 20, 2006

March of Diamonds

This is my favorite sweater ever!

I bought this yarn at the end of March and started it in April. The body and sleeves flew along, but the weather got too warm, so I put it away for the winter. At the beginning of October, I pulled it back out and got to knitting.


I realised a few rows into the yoke that, uh, it wasn't centered. I decided go with it and made a assymetrical neckline.

Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Amore, 4 skeins
Needles: US10
(proof that I do, in fact, have a head, no matter what the commenters might say)

Pattern: My own take on the basic Elizabeth Zimmerman Percentage raglan yoked sweater. I added the diamond lace down the, erm, center, waist shaping and a deep V-neck. Because I was afraid of running out of yarn, I made the body and arms a wee bit shorter than I normally do, then added the length by crocheting along the bottom edges of body and sleeves. This also tamed the curling of the St st.
I feel particularly clever that the eyelets that form the diamonds continue around the neckline and around the back of the neck.
Also, the yarn didn't pool at all, except at the biceps, which you can see clearest in the above picture.
PS. Andre likes it as much as he ever did!

Stella loves it too!

0 comments: