Saturday, October 28, 2006

Backyard scarf and gloves

I started Backyard Leaves last December, but put it away a few repeats from completion at the beginning of the spring. A few weeks ago, I got it out and finished it up.

Backyard Leaves and books

I loved the textured, sculptured look of the leaves, so I very loosely blocked it, stretching it more lengthwise than widthwise.
Yarn: Knitpicks Ambrosia (cashmere and alpaca-so soft and warm!)
Neeldes: US 6
Pattern: Backyard Leaves from Scarf Style
And when I saw the scarf, I knew it needed some matching fingerless gloves.

I designed the gloves on the fly, using a leaf lace/cable stitch pattern from my stitch calender.
Closeup of Cabled Leaf Fingerless glove

I got both gloves out of 1 ball of Indeceita Alpaca (discontinued, sport weight 100% Baby Alpaca), a Christmas gift from Hub.

Cabled Leaf Fingerless glove

I'll eventually write up the pattern, if you'd like it, let me know!

0 comments: