Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fiber I love: Hobbledhoy batts!

Long have I admired Liz, of Hobbledehoy's use of color. I remember reading her Featured Seller interview on Etsy and feeling so inspired! I long watched and drooled over her batts, but they usually sell out so soon after listing, it seemed I kept missing them.
Imagine my delight and surprise when I finally did order a pair and she added a little extra batt!
The wait was definately worth it, the batts were squishy and soft and spun up into the bounciest yarns.
I was extra thrilled when, moments after finishing this yarn:pink dogwood - Handspun yarn


I went on a walk and snapped this picture:pink dogwoods


Usually my pictures inspire my spinning, but this time my fresh yarn inspired to notice the beauty in these buds.
Today I listed the yarn spun from the little extra batt. I added it in with some of my own handdyed purpley mill-ends wool/mohair.
The results reminded me so much of the pansies blooming everwhere; I'm now inspired to try to photograph a few!

As I started writing this post, I realized I'd like to know a little more about the girl behind the yarn, so I asked to interview her and she agreed! Look for it here, on Monday!

0 comments: